May 31, 2008

Lake At Last.

Well, we've waited for almost a year, and last weekend we finally got to go to the lake! The water was still pretty cold. but that didn't stop Karli and me from getting in. She swam for a little while and I skied for as long as I could. I tried for two days to slalom and finally managed to for a few seconds. We had a nice picnic on the boat and had an overall great time. We can't wait to go back soon!



Our handy-dandy picnic table was put to good use.


I kept trying to get up on one ski until I finally realized it was much easier just to drop one...




Surprisingly, Sadie loves going to the lake. She got a kick out of chasing the geese out of our yard. When we went fishing and someone caught something, she had to be held back. Here we are with her wearing her little life vest. :)

Even Mom went fishing! Here's her "monster fish" that put up such a fight being reeled in...







2 comments:

The Abney Family said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to come and see you guys in 6 weeks!

Vic, Jen, Hayley, and Noah's Blog said...

That does look like fun! I wish we could come too! The pic of you and Sadie is precious! Love you!